|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Real Salt Lake-Los Angeles FC Preview
Bob Bradley insists his focus is on Los Angeles FC's battle for a playoff spot, and not his future with the team.
LAFC have endured a difficult 2021 and sit ninth in the Western Conference as the regular season enters its final stages.
They host Real Salt Lake on Sunday and need a win to keep up the momentum in their hunt for a playoff spot.
Bradley's future has been called into question, but the former United States coach is paying little mind to anything but the here and now.
He told a news conference: "I am only focused on training day by day, there is no more.
"At the end of the day it is always the same in football when you are technical director, at the end of each season you talk about whether you are under contract or not, you finish the season, we all get together, we take a look at the project and from there we see what happens."
LAFC will go up against RSL without one of their key men, with star forward Carlos Vela - who has not been at his best this year - out injured.
"Carlos is not training, as I mentioned before several times we are being very careful with the issue of his quadriceps," Bradley said.
"It will still require some time, it is not a daily progress, but weekly."
Meanwhile, RSL interim boss Pablo Mastroeni explained how he is trying to instill a more positive mindset into his team.
"One of the things that I really want to focus on is our mentality, to play higher up the field, to play more direct, to look forward. Again, it could be considered tactical, but for me, it's more of a mentality," he said.
LAFC - Mamadou Fall
Center back Mamadou Fall scored his first two career MLS goals in LAFC's win over Sporting Kansas City last time out.
RSL - Justen Glad
Justen Glad scored his second goal of the season in RSL's 3-2 win over Dallas on Saturday after also scoring against Houston in June. This was the second time Glad has scored multiple times in a season in his MLS career, also doing so in the 2016 campaign.
- LAFC has won three straight matches against Real Salt Lake, including both encounters this season.
- LAFC has scored twice in all four home matches against Real Salt Lake, winning all three regular season matches at Banc of California Stadium, but losing the one postseason meeting, in 2018.
- LAFC ended its club record eight-match winless run (D3 L5) with a 4-0 win over Sporting Kansas City on Friday. LAFC's four-goal performance came after scoring three in a draw with the Galaxy in its previous match after not scoring three or more goals in any of its previous 27 MLS games (including playoffs).
- RSL has won three and lost four of its last seven matches, with all three wins coming at home and all four losses on the road.
- RSL's only win in its last nine away matches (D2 L6) was a 4-0 win over Vancouver in a match that was played in Salt Lake's home stadium.
Updated September 11, 2021